I am new to blogging, as you can see. I am somewhat unsure about this but I'm willing to see how it goes. :) Blake and I are in the process of adoption. We will be finished with the paper work by the end of August... YIPPEE! June 13th I found out I have Endometriosis (A condition, usually resulting in pain and dysmenorrhea, that is characterized by the abnormal occurrence of functional endometrial tissue outside the uterus.- thanks dictionary.com) and I am unable to get pregnant. Its so great to finally know after trying for nearly 3 years. As soon as I found out about it I knew we would adopt. So after I healed from surgery I contacted LDS Family Services of Farmington and got the paper work needed to start the process. Once I received it I completed it right away and handed it in. Less than week later our assigned case worker, Julia, contacted us and made an appointment for our first interview (of three). It was really neat hearing about how it was all going to work out. Adopting is truly something that is part of Blake's and my plan. After the first interview we had all sorts of online papers to fill out and our birth certificates and marriage certificate to order. I finished the online questions in one evening then the next day Blake did his part. We completed it so quickly, just like I wanted! I called Julia and we set up our second interview. After setting up the interview I made the $1,000 down payment. The second interview was the "individual" interview. Blake and I were interviewed separately. She just asked us questions that we had already answered online. I feel it went well. So then within the last couple of weeks I completed the picture collage. Its two pages of pictures of Blake and me livin and lovin life. The next step is the 3rd and final interview. The in home visit. Also, our 6 week course of classes starts on the 31st. They occur once a week for 3 hours. I am not entirely sure what is talked about in those classes but I will let you know. So I will be keeping you updated on EVERYTHING else!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:
CUTE PICTURES!!
I am so excited for you to adopt. You will be the best mom.
-Andrea
I love your blog..so cute! One of these days I need to get around to making one too. I am excited for you to adopt too! Those kids will be so lucky to get you guys.
Yay! you have a blog now!! So cute, I am really excited for you guys.
OMG!!! this is the cutest blog i have ever seen!!! you did awesome!!! you are so talented.
I'm so excited that you have a blog! And I'm so glad things are going so well. You guys are amazing.
Hey guys
Very excited that you jumped on this bandwagon! It will be great to keep updated on all the progress. Very thrilled for this oppurtunity for you both.
I'm so excited that you guys are going to adopt! My husband is adopted so we are huge advocates for the process. My sister-in-law just adopted a baby, too, so we have a lot of adoption ties in our family. Hope all is going well!!!
Post a Comment