I read a blog someone sent me that is someone's that I came across at the FSA conference. I want to put in some of her words. She explains it all perfectly, how it feels. She's got the right words for me especially since I can't think right now. note that I have edited it a bit to fit me:
Infertility is such an interesting topic.
those 10-15% of us who are infertile or sterile all deal with it in different ways.
"in the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see."
~Lord, i would follow Thee, Hymn 220
there are many daggers that pierce the "quiet heart" that is dealing with infertility.
"if you had more faith..."
"do you even like kids?"
"how many kids do you have?"
"when are you guys going to have children?"
"you'll get pregnant right after you adopt."
"you know how babies are made, right?"
"just relax."
"we're pregnant ...again."
"you are so lucky you didn't have to go through a delivery."
i wish all social workers were understanding and nice.
i wish all single pregnant women had a testimony of adoption.
i hope pregnant women rejoice that they get to be pregnant.
i hope adoption is the natural choice for a crisis pregnancy.
i had a dream that died last year.
a dream of little babies that looked like Blake and me.
a dream of being a co-creator of life.
a dream of feeling life grow within me.
a dream of surprising our family and friends with the blessed news.
a dream of getting flowers in the hospital.
a dream of hearing the heartbeat.
a dream of Blake and me alone in the hospital room with an hours old baby in our arms.
a dream of the little ankle bracelet with my name and baby's name on it.
a dream of maternity clothes.
a dream of taking pictures each month to show how much bigger the baby had gotten in my tummy.
a dream of counting down the days.
a dream of experiencing the spirituality of the delivery room as others described it.
a dream of having a baby when i wanted to have one.
but...
there is no biological possibility of that happening.
It is I who can't have children because of endometriosis.
that news is really a gift.
there is no wondering if this month is the month. there is no lingering or wilting hope. there are no questions or unexplained infertility. there isn't a fraction of a percentage of a chance that it could happen. that is truly a tender mercy of the Lord for us. i realize that i am blessed in that area and there are many who still hang onto that. for us, it was easy to grieve, deal with it, close up that chapter and move on. don't get me wrong. there are still some days where i am reminded, the occasional dagger and then i realize, "oh yes. there is my old friend infertility back again. i know you."
those days after the "bad" news were hard.
(that's the understatement of the year!)
we fasted and we prayed and we poured out our hearts. i cried with my husband. i cried and cried and cried ...because the dream had died.
those prayers will be answered and some have been already.
and we will be blessed with a miracle.
the miracle of understanding and accepting.
the miracle of gaining a testimony and a desire for adoption.
the miracle of feeling the power of the sealing power seared into my soul.
the miracle of peace.
and i was blessed with a new dream.
a new dream that i daydream about in the car everyday ...still.
the dream of hearing the words, "i chose you to be his or her family."
the new dream of babies of all colors and races, my babies.
and the dream of seeing all of my children dressed in white sitting in the temple with us. new dreams that are as dear to me now as the old ones were. new dreams that make tears streak my cheeks. good dreams.
I want to thank the sweet sister who sent me this blog. It has inspired me and helped me so much.



9 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:
you are gonna make me cry! i know it's rough, and there isnt't really anything to make it feel better. one thought i have to remind myself is that: through our trials we become who the lord wants us to be. it's alot to ponder over!
I think I just felt my heart break while reading what you had to say. I wish there was something I could say or do to make the pain go away. All I can say is that I will surely pray for you and Blake.
I am so so so glad it helped. :) I love her blog and insights. I have some information on fertility I thought you might be interested. Leave your email address on my blog and I'll send it your way. :) Shelley
Hang in there sweetie. The time will come when it is right. Things work out wonderfully in the end. I truly believe that. Its amazing how that seems to happen if you are doing your very best. So keep doing your very best and the Lord will take care of the rest.
One more thing... remember that you are doing something for your brother that is purely unselfish. You will be blessed for it!
I just cried while I read that - and now I'm speechless. I know there's not really anything I can say to make it all better...or even a little bit better. And I'm sorry for that. If it helps at all, know that my heart is breaking with yours. I cannot tell you how much I admire you and Blake and your strength and faith! You two are incredible. And you are doing incredible things. Keep on keepin' on, and know that you're constantly in my prayers. Things have a beautiful way of working out perfectly. I love you!
Amanda, I don't know you very well, just Blake, but for some reason I am just drawn to you and your situation. I appreciate you sharing these very personal and huge emotions and thoughts. You've helped me in ways I didn't know I needed help with. I honestly don't know what I could say or how I could help at all...but I want to. My heart is just so broken for you guys, but hopeful at the same time. Know that you are in my prayers. Chin up.
Yeah, I know you don't know me, but THANKS for posting this! It really touched me and I can't seem to stop crying. My heart goes out to you and I wish you both luck and happiness. I know what it is like to be infertile and wanting nothing more than to have a child, but I have not experienced the adoption process yet, and furthermore being told you can not be approved yet. I hope soon you may be, though!
OH MY GOSH! I feel so bad! I wish you two would have called and let us know so we could be there for you. I'm so sorry sweetie. What steps are taking to change your situation? maybe thats why I have felt so strongly about making them move out fast. I just had a pressing feeling about the whole thing. I dont think it will add that much time to your approval. Its just another step on the ladder. please don't loose faith. get your brother on his way and have another house interview. I honor you for what sacrafices you have made but again, you and blake are what matters now. I wish I could call right now but its late. I hope you are able to sleep.
much love and heart,
love, mom
Post a Comment