***





Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A PoTeNtIaL SeT BaCk


The background checks were sent in to the Department of Public Safety. Blake's came back saying he needed finger prints -which we expected- The letter said he needed to get them done with in 15 working days. We aren't sure if that started the day the letter was issued or if it starts the day after.. The letter was issued on October 1st. We were on vacation then. Well we go home and a couple weeks went by. One of the days was Columbus Day so we aren't sure if we should count that as a working day or not. Blake has been out of town in Pocatello, ID since Monday morning and we think today is the last day he can get his finger prints done :/!! Yesterday I called and made an appointment for Blake for today (Oct 22nd) at 4 PM. Blake called me last night and said he probably won't get home until late today. Oh my word. I immediately felt depressed. I had already been feeling not so happy because he was out of town and I was lonely and I felt pretty chubby yesterday (just one of those days, ya know) ANYWAY I was a tad devastated thinking he wouldn't pass his background check because he wouldn't have the finger prints done in time AHHHH! I prayed and prayed for a miracle. I prayed that Blake would miraculously get his job done in time. I was praying as I drove to work this morning, then I got a text. I didn't check it until I got to work because I didn't want to crash. But the text said he had finished his job and he'd be home in time for the finger prints appointment. "Hooray!" I thought and I gave thanks. But now I still have a tiny worry, I hope today is still an ok day to get it done. I hope its not too late. But Blake is pretty sure today is ok and I am ... sure... too that today is ok. But I still have a prayer in my heart that it will work out. I was thinking last night that there are too many set backs - the interview and the fingerprints - and I was thinking, well maybe I won't get approved this year. So in one of my prayers I reminded my Heavenly Father that I really do desire a child. It made me feel good knowing I can share what is in my heart and that He knows the desires of my heart. Well my fingers are crossed and I know it will all come together. It will! But I have to build up my faith again. It was shaken last night.



But I figure decorating the baby's room and buying stuff for it is kind of an act of faith. I must have faith that I will have a child soon if I am trying to make their room perfect. Well I have decorated it for a girl for now. I had the crib set to do the girl's already and I still had to make the boy one.



This isn't THE room. But its the crib set I have. I haven't decorated the room this fancy. I think its cute!

6 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:

The Daleys

We pray for you, too! Let us know how it goes today. And I love the crib set. Don't get discouraged - we love you!!

Kaycee

Every thing will work out. Dont worry.
Heavenly father answers prayers, and knows your concerns, and hopes. Just remember that.
that is a darling crib set.

Emily and Clay

I am sure everything will be fine. If you re ever bored and lonely call us! You can come over and play rock band or we can make cookies!

Kent, Krista and Family

Manda-

I'm sorry you are having so many set-backs. I sure hope things will get better for you and Blake. Let me know how today goes with Blake. Also, where has Blake been? I know he has been out of town for work but for what? I hate being alone too it's hard. We are so used to having our spouses it's hard to be without them.

I love the crib bedding. It's super cute! So does this mean your brother is out?

Katie

Amanda!! I've been keeping track of your blog as well!! My prayers are always with you and Blake. Don't worry to much, things will work out!!! So in answer to your question...I worked with Kristi Criddle at Barnes Bank. I don't really know Zach, but I do know his mom. They are awesome people! Good luck with all your adoption endeavors!! Keep in touch!

Anonymous

Amanda, thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I love this! Getting to know family and friends through blogging. Keep praying and have FAITH and God will answer your prayers. I've added you to my Blogger list.
Love you,
Gram Pete