
I need serious help and support. Ok, I'm admitting this because once you know of my personal struggle and goal then I hope it will help me achieve what I really want to achieve. AH! It's humiliating. I don't want to be seen in public... before I got married I weighed 125 lbs... about 3 months after being married I weighed 140 :( that, for me, was depressing enough because I wasn't a size 6 any more, I was a size 8. I thought that was bad. What the heck was I thinking?! But now... I look at recent pictures and weigh myself I see that I have gained 25, TWENTY-FIVE, additional lbs since this time last year. Oh my!!! I'm so embarassed. I used to not mind being in pictures and now, I hate it! I worry constantly about how my stomach pokes out and how my chin is doubled. I'm scared that people I haven't seen since my size 6 look at me and think "wow, she sure let herself go" And it's true, I did. I used to work out all the time and eat really well. Now I'm more lazy and have no self control. I despise it. I used to not have a stretch mark on my body.. that's changed. I NEED HELP AND SUPPORT. I do work out now. Now that I don't have a job I work out daily and don't go out to eat. I thought that would help me shed the pounds.. but I still have a problem with SUGAR! AH! I am over weight. My goal is to get to at least a size 8 again. Ideally, I'd like to lose 40 lbs. How I will do that: No more sugar, no white bread, daily fruits and vegitables and daily work outs- at least an hour long, lots of water and portion control. I'll do updates on my blog http://mandasback.blogspot.com/. If I don't have positive updates often then I know I'm not working hard enough. Before:
Now. The picture that put me over the edge. I'm the blob in the green. I know it could be worse.. but I do not want to get to that point at all! So I am starting now, today, to get myself back!

Now. The picture that put me over the edge. I'm the blob in the green. I know it could be worse.. but I do not want to get to that point at all! So I am starting now, today, to get myself back!



9 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:
Amanda I feel your pain!!!! But I am worse off then you! I too, was 125, and size 5/6 when I got married. I gained 80 pounds in 8 yrs!!!!!! I am a size 18 now!!!!
so you help me, I will help you. I am starting right now, today.
Amanda I know you can do it. I get to start running again and hope that will help me to also loose all those extra pounds that have made me not so confident.
We are here for you and are anxious to see your progress!
You can do it! :) Actually my major is Health Promotion, so I'd be happy to cheer you on!! You have a great plan in place. It would also really help if you do strength conditioning (abs, legs, arms, back). If you incorporate that into your workout schedule, you will see more of a change than just cardio alone. Its really easy to do if you have an exercise ball, and even better if you get a set of free weights. I struggle with the sweets (and other junk food) too. The thing that helps me the most is to not even have the sweets around to tempt me. If I'm craving something, and I don't have it in the house, I usually don't want to make the effort to go to the store and buy it, so I end up eating something better for me instead. Anyway, good luck with it all, and I'd be happy to help with whatever I can! You'll do great! Be patient with yourself and it'll happen!
Good for you wanting to be more healthy! I will help cheer you on as I try to do what I can. You are still very beautiful though, I think there is nothing wrong with you but it never hurts to be more healthy!
I know you're having a rough time but I wanted to remind you that women's bodies are very complicated. When we get into child bearing years we start packing on the pounds to care for a child that will grow in our body. It sucks but it's the way it is. Your metabolism has slowed down but your dietary plan will likely speed it up and you'll be able to keep the weight off once it's lost! Don't worry. We've all been there! Good luck!
That is such a good goal! I have faith that you can do it! I love you no matter what though. :P
I've been working at loosing my 35 extra pounds since General Conference. So far I have lost about 15 pounds. I feel great!!!!
I just need to lose the rest.:) I really like the calorie counter at
www.my-calorie-counter.com just sign up. It's free and it really motivates me to be able to see charts and graphs of my weight loss. I have been doing a lot of abs, legs and arms with weights, counting calories (I set mine at 1200), and also cardio excercise. Good Luck with everything. I will be happy to cheer you on. I have people cheering me on, and it really helps. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
check out my blog Amanda. I love you! You are still Amazing Amanda!
Oh manda, manda, manda...I'm so sorry you feel this way. I wish you didn't because I know how it feels. The struggles of losing so much weight.
When Sawyer was six months old I worked out consistently for six months three days a week and I only lost SIX..YES SIX pounds. It was very frustrating to me. All I did was cry!
Now after having baby number two things are much worse than they were with #1. I'm doing the same thing you are doing right now and that is....obsessing about my self image. I mean OBSESSING! I can't stop thinking about it...it's constant ALL DAY!
I will do what I can to cheer you on...to be there for you. I would love to watch you succeed. I think you are beautiful though and I love you to pieces.
Post a Comment