Dear Friends and Family,
This year for Christmas I wanted to do a sub for Santa. I was hoping for help in doing that. As most of you know, My brother Dallin went to Peru on his mission. One of the families that Dallin grew really close to, is the family I would like to do sub for Santa for.Peru is a very poor country. This family, the Barrera family, is the poorest family Dallin has come in contact with. When my mom and dad went to Peru last December, my mom fell in love with this family. She writes them every day! This family lives in a small cement home. They don't have flushing toilets, warm water, or any of the luxuries we have. They don't have much furniture. They don't have couches, they have just a couple hard wood chairs to sit on. As you will see in the pictures bellow, the beds they sleep on are horrible. (you can see one in the picture.)My mom and Dallin went to Peru a couple of months ago. She stayed with the family. As you can see in the pictures they wash their clothing out side in buckets. They are lucky if they get to eat every day. There are days when they go to bed hungry. Some days they don't eat all day. They worry day to day about getting food for the kids. They have a big family to feed. There are the Parents, (elderly, and the mom has cancer) Then there are 3 daughters in their 20's and 4 children under the age of 6. The children don't have any toys. Even though this family has hardly anything, and are really struggling, they always talk about how blessed they are and thank heavenly father for what they have.So what I was hoping for, is to raise enough money to get the kids toys and clothes for Christmas, and enough money that they can buy food.I wanted to send a package of toys, clothes, and food but I wouldn't have enough time before Christmas, and most packages never make it to the people. Things get stolen along the way. So what I am going to do, is wire money to them and I will tell them what is for Christmas gifts like toys or clothes and how much is for food, and they can buy it.So if any one would like to help, please let me know. I am going to try and send the money on the 16th of December so they have time to get Christmas presents.









1 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:
thank you for putting the letter on your blog!
Post a Comment