***





Thursday, March 12, 2009

And so, my obsession continues...

I am seriously obsessed with getting a baby. It's all I think about. Today I am sad- blah! AGAIN! No one is seriously looking at our profile. Not one! I really want to switch agencies. It costs sooo much money to do any other agency. But insurance and taxes pays for some. Well I found a website that gives grants to those whom they pick. So I applied. They pick people before every quarter. So the end of this quarter is the end of March. SOOO if I don't hear anything from them by then end of this month then I will simply apply again and hope for them to pick me for the next quarter. We'll see...

Well my friend Shannon said that she is part of an adoption group and she got an email from someone in the group saying a class will be held on Sunday at 5 called
"How to Afford To Adopt Outside of LDS Family Services"
We are going to be discussing low cost adoption options. You will learn about adoption options for under $1K, $6K, $10K and $15K. We will talk about successful fundraising techniques, tax credits and other financing options.

.. so Blake and I are going to attend it. I sure hope we can afford to switch to A Guardian Angel. They have more babies than adoptive families - unlike LDS Family Services who has more adoptive couples than babies. So if we go with them we'll have a HUGE chance of getting a baby with in the first week. Anyway. If we can get all the money we can to do it then we will in a heartbeat. Otherwise- we'll stick with LDS Family Services and continue to not get looked at and not get a baby for a looooong time. Or we'll wait until we can pay $15k and do Invitro.. which doesn't have any benefits to get the money back- like through insurance or taxes

We are going to submit my nasty endometriosis pics to a specialist in Oregon and see if he thinks he can fix me. And if so then we'll go there and I'll go under the knife again to get the endo fixed. But that might be mighty expensive but I'd be able to maybe get pregnant on my own once it's fixed. OYE I hate things that cost an arm and a leg! Well... I know God wants us to have children so there will be a way-- someday-- why can't that day be today? I wish I could do some sort of fundraiser for myself LOL so we can get a baby sooner. Hmmm does anyone want to run a 5k in OUR behalf? ;o)-- I'm half joking.

17 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:

NJ

I'm not joking! I will help you if you want to do a fundraiser or something. You will be the best mom. I hope you can go through A Guardian Angel. Keep us posted!

Emily and Clay

Heck yes I would walk or run for you! Anytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

i feel your pain, girl! it sounds like you have a lot of options in front of you, so that is great! i hope you get your baby soon....how ever he/she comes! :)

linnylou

Don't beat yourself up too bad, you're going through a hard time! But it seems like your spirits are still positive. You will be a great mom! just hang in there.

Hollie and Mike Christiansen

Not a bad obsession to have. We are thinking of you and are proud of how patient you are being. It really will be all worth the wait. I know you probably here that to much and want to ring the next person's neck that says it...I will let you this once, but only if you come over to do it. Love you both!

Kaycee

I think it will be good to go to that class, check into all your options. I think you should check into getting your endo fixed. Will your insurance pay for that?
I will help with a fundraiser too! That would be fun!

The Asper's

Oh man. I just want to give you a hug!

The Daleys

If we had extra money I would give you all of it in a heartbeat. I too want you to get a baby SO bad!! You will be such an awesome Mom and I can't wait till you get to be one. If you decide to do some type of fundraiser I will help you do whatever you need me to!!

The Hoveys

You are seriously the sweetest girl, Amanda! Do you have your patriarchal blessing? If so, you should read it. I know that always helps me when I'm feeling the way you are right now.

The Dahls

My bro and sis in law just got accepted to some program that does grants for invitro....I'll find out about it for ya if you want. Hang in there though...they waited a long time through LDS Family Services and got their little boy. It'll happen for you!!

Hoenes Family

I would totally run a 5k for you guys. Do it around the 4th of July and I will be there!

Megan Gery

i'd run, but i'm not in the area. i'll pray for you guys though!

Anonymous

Amanda, I have lots of ideas but no time right now.....taxes call every day! But we did a fundraiser when Bill & Laura were adopting Tawni from Ethiopia 'cause it was so expensive when they got Amanee. We had a huge dance (Ray played) and we had an auction during the break. Everything was donated. We raised a couple thousand. Think about it!

Anonymous

With all your friends and family, we could really raise A LOT of money!!!

It's Me...shell

I'll totally walk it for you! (can't fun) I'm sure it will all work out for the best. :)

The Prescott's

I would do a 5K for you guys in a heartbeat! I want you guys to have a child, and I know you deserve it! I'm sorry about the frustration all of this is causing. I don't blame you for feeling sad at all. I know everything will work out though.

Denise Christiansen

so sorry hun. i didnt know you have been sad. i wish you could talk to me about stuff. i feel bad i wasnt there for you!
i was happy to hear about you going to the doc in oregon though!
wish i was rich and could walk a 5k!
but i could help advertise/organize, run the ropes so to speak.