***





Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My my my Top top top Three three three!!!

I LOVE things that bring me comfort. I like to refer back to things of my childhood that bring me comfort cause sometimes, I do need my mommy and they remind me of her. Today I am going to list my top faves that bring me comfort- not necessarily things of my childhood-- but some are....



I love playing games with my family. I LOVE board games- more so than card games because board games bring me comfort.

My top three favorite board games are:

Payday

Scrabble

The Farming Game


Old movies bring me comfort too. Also, old TV shows from when I was a little gal.
My top 3 favorite things to watch (besides Clueless) are:

Singing in the Rain
Who's the Boss
Wheel of Fortune



Of course food brings me comfort. My top 3 comfort foods are:



Hot Chocolate (the Cocomotion makes it creamy and oh so yummy)
Grilled Cheese
Monster Cookies (my mom made them when I was a tyke and I wish I had some now)


Strange as it may sound, certain activities bring me comfort too. My top 3 are:

Coloring (I just bought this box of 120 colors- the surprise inside is a red crayon shaped sharpener- my mom and I would color a TON when I was little. Sometimes she'd draw a picture and I'd draw a picture then we'd swap and we'd color each other's drawings. She and I still color together once in a while nowadays. I still color alone too, it's therapeutic)
Paper dolls (I plan on making paper dolls for my little girls. I think this is why I love to play Sims- dressing them up and playing with them- haha I'm a bit of a dork- my grandma made me my favorite paper dolls- I always played with them)
Crafts (I did a lot of crafts when I was younger. I was creative and weird. So now, I still love doing crafts. I love getting ideas from places and pictures and making them my own.)

I rely so much on comforts around me to help me feel calm- I think back to when I was a kid and what brought me comfort and hope to do those things with my children so they can feel the same comforts I did when I was a child. Ah.. I want my mom and I want her monster cookies.

7 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:

NJ

I love your comforts! They made me feel warm & happy inside. Especially the cookies, hot chocolate and grilled cheese :)

Kaycee

I would have to agree with Mike and NIkki.
you make the cutest posts.

Megan Gery

i like sims too, for the same reason. and i loved paper dolls as a kid! i didn't know you could make them though...

Anonymous

What an interesting girl you are....and so blessed with wonderful parents. I could just hug your mom I love her so much....and your pop...and you....and your sis....but I hardly know Nick. I'll have to remedy that, as long as he doesn't come to visit in the middle of the night! lol Such a cute blog, A.

The Daleys

We need to get together and play games, we love them too!!

Nat

Oh, I really like your favorite things! They brought back a lot of fun memories. Thank goodness for little comforts.

Denise Christiansen

what fun, cute posts!!! i loved the little girl eyeing those grilled cheese sandwiches! so darling!!! i have several of these favs myself!