Ok so the scoop on Jr. He started moving slow Saturday afternoon and that left me worried. Then Sunday morning I went to take him outside and he wouldn't use his back legs. So I brought him out to the grass and he was walking but stumbling around. So I thought he had what Lilly had. We then, a little later, noticed he was dragging his back legs when he walked. So to the vet we went. He has a herniated disk. He hurt it jumping off something high. Don't know what it was he jumped off of.
Since we don't have $3,400 for surgery we went with shock wave therapy. So he did that. Should have stopped the progression of the disk protruding into the spine... but it didn't. He's worse today. He's in so much pain. He tries to walk and be normal but then after stepping with his front legs and his hind legs not following he'll look back as if thinking "why the heck won't you move?!"
I haven't slept in two days because Junior is in so much pain he cries loudly all night. So I cuddle him to make him stop. But I have to sit still when I hold him to make sure I don't hurt him. Blake and I are very tired parents.
I'm so incredibly sad. Junior is my baby. I love him so much. Anyone who knows me would say I'm quite attached to my little boy. I just want to cry.
So now our choices are, since surgery is out of the question: To put him to sleep- which I would do if he was in lots of pain forever. But the pain should go away in a day or so- hopefully. The next thing is to get him a cart. It would attach to his hind quarters and he'd roll around and be as happy as can be expected, considering.... I wish I could know what Junior wants. Whether to be with us on Earth but rolling around. Or be in heaven running free but with out us.... I want him to be happy.
Since we don't have $3,400 for surgery we went with shock wave therapy. So he did that. Should have stopped the progression of the disk protruding into the spine... but it didn't. He's worse today. He's in so much pain. He tries to walk and be normal but then after stepping with his front legs and his hind legs not following he'll look back as if thinking "why the heck won't you move?!"
I haven't slept in two days because Junior is in so much pain he cries loudly all night. So I cuddle him to make him stop. But I have to sit still when I hold him to make sure I don't hurt him. Blake and I are very tired parents.
I'm so incredibly sad. Junior is my baby. I love him so much. Anyone who knows me would say I'm quite attached to my little boy. I just want to cry.
So now our choices are, since surgery is out of the question: To put him to sleep- which I would do if he was in lots of pain forever. But the pain should go away in a day or so- hopefully. The next thing is to get him a cart. It would attach to his hind quarters and he'd roll around and be as happy as can be expected, considering.... I wish I could know what Junior wants. Whether to be with us on Earth but rolling around. Or be in heaven running free but with out us.... I want him to be happy.



1 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:
This seems like a tough decision. I think you should talk it over with Blake, come up with a decision that you feel OK with, and then pray about it. I'm sure you know all about this process but it's sometimes nice to hear it again. I hope everything turns out OK for you guys!
Post a Comment