***





Friday, December 3, 2010

We need a little Christmas!

My house simply wasn't festive enough. I have been waiting since Thanksgiving to get a tree. Funds have made it difficult to get one. I was done with waiting- what if we could never get a tree- so I found this old fake tree in storage, it's used but I'd never used it

So I pulled it out, added lights, bulbs and a skirt, and this is what we got:
It's not way purdy or anything but I'm so happy to have something! :) And Gracie was ooing and awing- she loves it so that's all that matters!
Then I added lights to the window so something can shine through to outside (since the tree doesn't)


We don't have a mantel or anything so a little bit ago I splurged and got this stocking rack thingy at Tai Pan
I hope this Christmas will be a memorable one!

7 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:

Ashlie Dalton

oh man, i LOVE your christmas tree!!! how creative and cute! way to be!

linnylou

that's so creative! BEAUTIFUL! it doens't matter how much you spend on christmas-it's a wonderful holiday no matter what!

Kalli and Derek

You are adorable! I love it.

Our Family

That tree is adorable. So much better than what we had a couple of years ago. We just put an outline of a christmas tree in lights on our wall. Oh, what a christmas to remember :)

Kim

I love your cute holiday house! You did a great job and Gracie probably thinks it is just the coolest thing ever! I think we all need to be a little more innovative instead of buying expensive pre-lit, LCD, LED, KFC Christmas trees! Your decorations are perfect. Oh and I totally want a stocking holder like yours! I must go to Tai Pan tomorrow and see if they have something.

Anonymous

A year or so after my parents were married, with funds quite low, they ended up using a large tumble weed covered in spray on snow. Be grateful your tree is green and, well, a tree. You are doing an amazing job as wife and mother Amanda! I love you.

Kent, Krista and Family

This tree is awesome! Very creative and still gets the point across. I like the stocking hanger too. Amanda YOU'RE AWESOME!