***





Wednesday, May 9, 2012

First Steps

2 weeks ago we turned in our application for adoption. We had to wait a week for them to call us. Last week we got a call and set up an intake interview with LDSFS. We had to wait a week for the interview. So today was that day. The interview seemed to go well. 

He said we can get through the process in about a month and a half. He also said since it's our second time around we don't need to retake the classes (HALLELUJAH!) I've made the Doctor appointments for our Medical Record sheets to be filled out. I have our letter written and picture collage made. So basically what needs to be done is the online questionnaire then our individual interviews and our home visit, 5 letters of recommendation sent in. One from our bishop and 4 from other people we put down as references, and the Dr appointments. It's pretty simple stuff but it just takes some time.

I'm so happy to hear we could be done with the approval process by then end of June!! YAY! 

Gracie will be 3 in about 3 weeks (June 1st) If we get chosen quickly to adopt then our kiddies will be 3 years apart- not too shabby. This is going to be GREAT!

3 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey

Yay! That's so great! At first, they told us we didn't need to do the classes over again, either... but then came back and said we did. I hope they truly let you go without having to do them! I hope you can get approved soon!

Kent, Krista and Family

I'm so excited for you. I hope things go smooth and fast and we hear some super great news soon. Love you Manda

Kaycee

I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait until it's all done and your ready to roll