***





Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Twenties Timeline

Since I'm going to be passing into a new decade on October 1st, I thought I'd think back about my twenties and hopefully that will help me look forward to my thirties... because I know my twenties were a rough 10 years!

20- Single and a college student at USU. I had a missionary in Alaska and a met a boy who lived a couple of buildings away from mine. I KNEW I wasn't supposed to be with him. So everyday that passed was torture for me because I made the mistake of dating a great guy who I knew I shouldn't be with, for some reason.

21- Still dating the guy and in school. New Years Eve came. 2004 was turning into 2005. I was spending the evening with the guy whom I had broken up with just days before. I thought it was odd he wanted to be with me even though we weren't together any more. The countdown to 2005 began. He left the room and came back in with a vase of a dozen red roses. I saw the ring hanging from one. He got on his knee and proposed. The thought going through my head and heart was "Say no! Say NO!" I began crying and ultimately said no, he took me home- a 45 minute drive from where we were..... A few weeks later I got an email from my missionary saying my letters and pictures depressed him and that I have a gut and look fat. I was 125 pounds! I was devastated that he would write something like that to me. Our letters dwindled- the boyfriend who proposed was still hanging around in hopes I'd say yes someday. May 2005- I met Blake on a blind date. The worst blind date, ever! I had a missionary who I had mixed feelings about, I had a guy hanging around who wanted to marry me- then I was on a date with a great guy- who I thought was WEIRD, fresh, and I mean FRESH, off his mission. After the train wreck of a date with Blake, he called me a couple days later. That began the dating... I completely broke it off with proposal guy and stopped writing jerk missionary. July 9th Blake proposed. September 9th we were married in the Bountiful Temple.

22- We were trying to get pregnant.

23- Still trying. Heartache month, after month, after month.

24- Still trying. Friday, June 13th 2008 I got a laporscopic surgery to see if I had Endometriosis. I indeed did. My doctor burned out all she saw. She did the blue ink test to see if I was all clear. The ink didn't pass through my Fallopian Tubes. This meant the Endometriosis was in my tubes and when I came to, my doctor said I couldn't get pregnant. Although I was in tears, my thoughts immediately turned to adoption and I felt peace. Before I was even healed all the way, we had begun the adoption process. A LONG, stressful process. In 

25- December 2008 I was laid off from my job. I couldn't have been more happy about that. About 3 months later in 2009 I heard about Miss Jenna. She chose us to adopt her unborn baby April 30th. Then one month later, on June 1st, our beautiful  Gracie was born.

26- October 25th 2009, I was hemorrhaging uncontrollably. We made our way to McKay Dee Hospital where I was diagnosed with ITP ( Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura ). I got better after Platelet and blood transfusions and was released on Halloween day. January 2010 Blake lost his job. March 1st my dog, Junior, who was my baby when I was longing for a baby, was put to sleep because he had broken his back and was paralyzed  Worst day of my life. I cried everyday for months. Blake was out of a job for so long, searching constantly. 2011 came. We had to move. We couldn't afford our house payment any more because of hospital bills and no jobs. We moved to Fruit Heights where Blake's parents were so generous to let us live in their rental home. Moving here was the best place we could have moved to. I love it and wish to never leave my neighborhood and ward. May came- I began hemorrhaging  Back to McKay Dee Hospital for another week. We got it under control and I was released. September 2011 Blake was hired onto a steady job.

27- December 2nd 2011, hemorrhaging again. They didn't fix me after a week at McKay Dee Hospital so I was transferred to Huntsman Cancer Institute where they removed my spleen. Mid December I was released and spent weeks recovering. Otherwise, a pretty mild year (minus the spleenectomy and nearly dying) 

28- I haven't had a relapse since my spleenectomy. I longed to adopt again but Blake didn't feel ready.

29- Blake got a new position at his job and was traveling a lot. We began the adoption process and paperwork. January 2013 we were approved for adoption. That same month, Blake was laid off but that same day got a job, thanks to our friend. The job he still has today. He moved up quickly at his work. We found out about Miss Kayleigh during Priesthood Session of Conference April 2013. She chose us adopt her unborn baby April 23rd. Then July 3rd 2013 our wonderful baby boy was born.

My twenties were a wild roller coaster ride. We married and adopted 2 children. That has been wonderful. I wouldn't change my twenties for those reasons. But I wouldn't want to relive my twenties for all the other reasons. Here's to my thirties!!




2 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:

Kaycee

oh my cousin dear! what a wild ride! At least you got a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful kids, or I would cry for you. *cheers* to a better decade!

Kent, Krista and Family

Oh. my. STARS!!! This is INSANE. I knew about most of this but didn't think it happened so quick. I'm so sorry Amanda. You're amazing! I love you!!!