
Junior's regular vet was closed since it was 5:30 pm. So I had to take him to the emergency vet in Sunset "behind Smith's" the vet said. The ER Vet didn't open until 6 and Junior was dieing.
Last night I let Junior and Lilly out for 20 seconds and poor little Junie got stung by a wasp, again. This time it was his hind paw. I knew something was wrong because he was constantly licking it and he would hold it up when he walked. Last time this happened, August 8th 2007, he was constantly licking his front paw. So I knew he had gotten stung again. He would just stand there very lethargic, not looking up and not wagging his tail. Lilly was trying to play with him and he stumbled over. I panicked. "Not again, my poor baby!" Blake called Kalli and Derek to come get me and Junior and take us to the ER vet. BUT just then Nick got home from work and he took me. So we drove to Smith's in Sunset and couldn't find any ER vet BEHIND Smith's. Nick ran in to the store and got children's Benadryl. All this time I was praying with all my heart that Junior would be ok. It was 5:45 and the ER Vet wouldn't have been open if we found it anyway. I was constantly talking to Junior and helping him stay awake. His gums were white which is the biggest sign of his blood not circulating. After praying and praying and talking to Junior. Junior seemed to perk up a little bit. He started sneezing. Then Nick showed up at the car again with the Benadryl and Junior wagged his tail just a half wag. And we opened up the Perfect Measure packets and Junior drank it right up.
We mad sure we gave him 25 mg just as the vet lady had said on the phone earlier. Then one second later he was back to normal. Our prayers were answered! Junior was just fine. Blake called and gave me the address to the ER Vet which was actually north of Smith's. Anyway, we brought him in to see if they needed to see him and they said he looked fine. His gums were pink again and he was acting just like normal.
I know Heavenly Father is there. He answers prayers! I am sooo grateful for prayer. I'm grateful for all the help Junior and I received from everyone around us.
Junior is fine today, he keeps licking his paw because it is so sore but what a trooper!!!



5 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:
Oh my! How scary!!!!!!!! I am glad he is ok. Remember we don't live too far, so if you ever need anything don't hesitate to call :)!
oh geez! what a week you have had! what a scare sweetie. I'm so happy that he is alright. you are so cute:) blees your heart. I'm so glad your brother showed up and was able to be there for you but most important that you felt your Hevenly Father there and received His tender mercy! If you ever need help please dont hesitate to call us. we are there for you! we love you dearly.
love, Mom
I already left a comment on here, but I saw that it didn't save it --spooky!
Anyway, that was so scary last time it happened so I am glad you got him help fast and that everything is ok.
Have a blast in VEGAS baby, enjoy every minute and let loose-just not too loose. :)
Oh that poor little thing! And poor you guys too. I'm sorry it was so scary, and I'm so glad it worked out. Yeah for Benadryl! And yeah for answered prayers.
I'm so sorry that happened to your poor little pooch but glad that he's ok! Prayer does work, I know it too!! And I love your header, that is so sweet. You guys are the best, we love you!
Post a Comment