***





Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday Shopping: Proof


(I am in a pink hoodie and my mom is wearing a white sweater. We are standing in front of the worker in the red shirt.)
Front page of the Standard Examiner, my mom and me. We woke up at 4... were at Walmart by 4:30.. witnessed craziness then went to Staples for our main reason for getting up so early. We got to Staples at 5:30 and waited in line for 30 mins. It was cold and wet out and it made my hair go flat (as shown in photo :-P) They opened the doors at 6 and we rushed to get in line at the service desk. We got what we wanted with no problem then we had to wait in line to check out. Now that took a while. Afterwards, we went to a bunch of other stores and finished shopping at 1 PM.. started at 4:30, ended at 1 PM.. boy am I tired today. I am officially done with all of my Christmas shopping. I'm excited to wrap them and put them under the tree... well once we get a tree. We get real trees. It is so fun going to pick them out. I had a fake tree through my whole childhood. When Blake and I got married he insisted we have a real tree.. which I am totally fine with. I love it!!

8 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen

WAY TO GO Amanda!! I kind of missed that this year, no Thanksgiving, no Black Friday..oh well. :(

Megan Gery

wow. i'm impressed that you braved the crowds. i did a little shopping online, but i wasn't about to stand in line in the freezing cold at o'dark-thirty....
:)

Anonymous

My gosh, you guys made the front page of the "SE". Woo hoo. What troopers. It's the easy chair for me.

Kaycee

Isn't Christmas shopping fun! It was fun to see you and your mom on that pic. Cool!
I like real tree's too. That is what we get. fun to pick out, and they smell good too.

Kalli and Derek

Looks like fun, but I enjoyed my sleep while Derek got up and braved the shopping crowds. ha ha Two things I don't like, shopping and crowds, wouldn't have been a good mix for me. I was impressed that Derek actually got up though :) Thats cool that you are on the front page!! Did ya get lots of great deals?

The Prescott's

You are famous!

Nat

I saw that picture, and thought it was great! Way to go. I'm so impressed you do that, and glad that you got everything you needed. Wahoo! Yeah for Christmas!

Denise Christiansen

what a fun pic! you people are nuts. i would much rather have my sleep and a more peaceful, non-pressured enjoyment in my shopping. but its great you got it done and good deals and esp that you enjoyed it. so sorry you were sick last night. were you getting sick when you were here?