***





Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hello, it's me again

Here I am, posting again. I feel a tad discouraged today. I went to the gym to run on the treadmill and I still can't run even a full mile. And my first 5k is in a week and a half, on May 2nd. Then I signed up for another 5k on May 9th!! I can't even run 2ks continuously... how can I do 10 in one week?! AH! I've tried and tried to get into shape for it but alas.. I suck! Oh well. At least I am doing something, even if I do come in last :o( Hopefully there is at least 1 person slower than me ;o)

I also need to spray weeds, mow the lawn, plant some flowers and plant some veggies- and I am putting it off cause I am scared to get sunburned.. so I have to do it in the evening or early morning. Anyway, I want to do these things with Blake too. I really like doing house work and yard work with my husband... but when it comes down to it, all these are excuses. I need to just do it. I'm a lazy gal.

BUT after the gym today went to Target to get weed killer and boy, I looked like crap. I was all sweaty and with no make-up on.. also I actually forgot my ring today, and a guy checked me out and smiled at me like he wanted my bod LOL- my sister says he's nasty for liking sweaty chicks. When I don't wear my ring men flock to me LOL just kidding.

My first day of nannying was yesterday. It went well. It makes me want children even more. This nannying is great training. Their kids are on such a great schedule it makes life easier. I'm going to do the same. Their children are also well-behaved and I think part of it has to do with their schedule. I really feel ready to be a mom. I'm up to the challenge! Blake and I want to be parents more than anything. I'm grateful I can at least be around some children- even if they aren't my own.

5 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:

Audrey

Now Amanda, you do fine, and you will do a good job on the 5K. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Kaycee

you are cute!

Nat

I for one am so incredibly impressed that you run at all. I'm lucky if I squeeze ten push-ups into my day. So way to go! You'll do great in your races - and hopefully have fun too. I'm glad nannying went well, and hope it continues to do so. And I would have to agree that having kids on a good schedule is awesome! Good luck with it all. You're always in our thoughts and prayers.

Matt and Jeni and kids

you are so cute! 2k's and 10ks in one week! you make me laugh! for your first, you need not worry at all about when you finish or how fast. It's just the fact that you will have that experience and knowing that you did it is enough! I will sign up with you for the Primary Childrens one in SLC. Let me know if you have the link for registration and when it is and everything. Even if we walk past the finish line, that will be o.k. with me!!!

Denise Christiansen

just keep running...just keep running...just keep running. hehe
it seems that jen was telling me how certain foods helped her have more energy. maybe if you havent already get some tips. you will do just fine. dont give up. love your new facelift...(blog)
also thats great about the nanny exp. i loved mine but it was very challenging. so glad its working out for you. just remember...you do have your own kids. they adore you! i was listening to them calling after you on sat. when you were helping out and i was touched by the relationship you have with them. thanks soooo much for all your help. we couldnt do it without you!!!