Anyway
We met at Robintino's in Bountiful and Shannon and her hubby Mac (Shannon introduced Jenna and Us to each other in the beginning) were going to join us but they had to pick Jenna up first. Well they were a tad late (like 40 mins hehe) and the more time went on the more nervous Blake and I were feeling. Blake was playing with his water glass and spilled his water HAHA it was hilarious!! And so he scooped up the ice with his paper place mat then tried sopping up the water with a piece of bread LOL Oh my heck, that really calmed my nerves. It was sooo funny.
So when Jenna, Shannon and Mac showed up Blake was ready to barf cause he was so nervous.. my cute hubby. But we were just chattin along for a while then our waitress brought a card over in a envelope with Blake and Amanda written on the outside. She said "who's Blake and Amanda" I just stared at her dumbly and Blake said "that's us" so we opened the card and it was a cute baby card. Inside it read:
That tiny baby bundle
that you have waited for
Is here at last-a precious gift
to cuddle and adore.
Congratulations
With all my love and confidence
Jenna
And there was a few coupons inside the card that were for diapers
Then Blake and I hugged Jenna and she handed us some tissues lol..
Oh I felt soooo bad cause I was in shock and I had a ton of emotions running through me that I just sat there and said what I was feeling and didn't show how I was feeling like I wanted to and like I'm sure she wanted to see. But it is a dream come true. It's the best thing in the world!! She is making all our hopes and dreams come true. We love her so much! It's so amazing.
After dinner (the little we were able to eat of it) we went to Jenna's apartment to see her paintings. She's so artistic and so cute!! I got to feel the baby move. I felt her foot!!! And I heard her heart beat. We are going to name her Gracie :o) . Oh yay!!
Jenna said we are welcome to be in the room when she gives birth. Which could be anytime from 3 to 6 weeks. She said that she owes it to me since it is our child and I can't give birth myself. Oh I'm so excited!!! She is sooo sweet and thoughtful. Thank you so much Jenna. It means the WORLD to me!!
We told my parents on Saturday and they are thrilled, of course. My mom cried. They can't wait to meet their grand baby Gracie!!
We are telling Blake's family today. I will post how that goes.
Blake said yesterday, "Between my two girls, I'm going to be broke!" Referring to the fact that he loves to spoil me and he'll spoil his little princess too.



23 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:
Yay, yay, YAY!!! I'm so happy for you guys!
That's wonderful! Congratulations!
What a happy story! We are so excited for you both! Congratulations!!
You had a good feeling about it all along! I'm so excited for you guys to begin your journey as parents... make sure you update a lot because I want to hear everything!
Yeah!! I'm Mindy Williams--Kasey's sister in Texas! Congrats you guys!! Wahoo!
Words can't express how happy I am for you guys. You definitely deserve this, and Jenna sounds like a very sweet girl. Good Luck to all of you and we can't wait to meet Gracie!!!! Love you lots!!!
I am so thriled for you guys and SO glad that things worked out with you and Jenna! I just think that you three make a great fit for each other- and I am so happy that little Gracie will have such great parents. It has been so wonderful to be able to watch you guys go through this process- and such a neat thing for me and my husband to be able to be there for the exciting news! We think that you guys are awesome- and we are so excited to meet your new sweet little girl!
So Happy for you guys YAY!! The wait is over so happy. Hope it all goes well and that every thing goes easy and smooth the rest of the way and more
OH! I'm so excited for you both! She will change your life in ways that you can't imagine! Keep us posted with pictures and such, unless you just CAN'T find time away from kissing little toes and snuggling little cheeks!
Oh Amanda! I am so happy for you. I teared up reading this post. I just can't wait until that's me.
You deserve this, you guys have waited so long and you've kept such a positive attitude. And I love the name Gracie! I wanted to name my first daughter Grace, but that's my SIL's name, so I can't. :( But I'm glad you can! I'm sure she'll be adorable and she'll be so loved!
YAY!
I'm so happy for you two! So glad that you get to be in the delivery room. We were there when our little girl was born and it was an experience I will NEVER forget. So amazing! Enjoy the next few weeks and cherish every moment of it.
I am soooo happy for you guys! I hope it was worth the wait! You will be great parents.
I am so excited for you guys that this day has finally come! You're going to be such great parent!! Congratulations again! :)
oh my heavens! i am SO SO SO happy and excited for you guys! it's finally here. i can not wait to see her and hear how the rest of this story unfolds! what a blessing!
YAY!!!!!!!!!! its so wonderful!!!!
You already know what I think! I am your biggest pest! I have been calling you non stop since last thursday!
what a wonderful day! such glad tidings of GREAT JOY!!!!!!!!
Praises and Glory abounding to overflowing of chills and tears! oh my! i'm soo greatful! soooo excited and happy for you both! yes!!
it's interesting that none of us read this blog on friday! so you have been able to share this news with some. i didnt see how you could have held it in all weekend.
i love your new background! it's my favorite. why dont you keep it for awhile. i love it!
CONGRATS!! You guys will be such awesome parents!
Okay, so I am a little behind the times. I was glad to read more details. Gracie is such a cute name. I wish I lived close enough to come to your baby shower. Congratulations to both of you. I am so happy for you guys. You are going to make great parents.
I'll bet buckets couldn't hold all the tears that are being shed over this news. I add my congrats and love to you both and wish you a lifetime of happiness. Hugs,
as i told you already, I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! Can't wait to meet her!
I don't know if you'll get a chance to read this, and I've already congratulated you a bunch of times, but I wanted to tell you congrats again and that you two have reassured my testimony of prayer. You are such an inspiration to me! Love you guys and I can't wait to meet your little girl!!!
OH AMANDA!! I am so happy for you!!! I love you so much and am so grateful you get this precious baby!!!!
Post a Comment