***





Sunday, November 1, 2009

What's up with me you ask? Well I'll tell ya:

Sunday the 25th I was hemorrhaging lots and lots and had red dots on my skin over my feet, ankles, legs, hands, neck, chest, face and eye balls. So I decided after lots of convincing to go to instacare. There they tested my Hemoglobin and found it was low, at about 13. I was there for quite a while and got really dizzy and lied down and they checked my Hemoglobin again and found it had dropped to 11 so they sent me to the ER. I think Hemoglobin is the oxygen stuff in the blood. Anyway, I got to the ER and they immediately did blood tests and hooked me to an IV. They found out my Platelet level was 4,000 when it should be between 150,000 and 400,0000. So they gave me a platelet transfusion then emitted me into the hospital. They did tests on me every 2 hours that night and I was a human pin cushion. My arms hurt soooooooo bad. I didn't hold back my tears, I let em go! I have a very low tolerance for pain and this was awful awful pain. Eventually they checked my platelets again and they were at like 14,000 and then went down to 2,000 so I got another platelet transfusion. After going up and down with platelets and getting 4 platelet transfusions I had lost so much blood they had to give me a blood transfusion. By the way, platelets are what clot blood. AH! I couldn't believe I was in the hospital for a week. I got my last transfusion about 2 days before they released me from the hospital. They kept me longer to make sure my platelets would make themselves on their own. And they were. Hopefully still are, I think they are good. But I have something called ITP. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura is a bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets. The chances of it coming back are high but there are chances it won't. So time will tell. Until then, I will be very careful not to fall, cut myself and I will look for those little red dots on my skin. If this ITP persists they will need to take out my Spleen. OYE I would like to hold on to it. So there is my issue and why I was in the hospital for a week. A long, scary week. Oh, they tested me for different diseases including Lupus and I don't have any of them. THANK GOODNESS!! I'm happy to be home and with my little family again. Blake is such a great husband. He rarely left my side. More than I could ask for. I had so many visitors and flowers and people to help take care of Gracie. I am truly blessed. Thank you everyone :) LOVE YOU

22 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:

Denise

Oh Amanda, how scary! I'm glad everything is okay and that they got it figured out. My mom has the same thing so I understand what it's like. Take care of yourself I'll keep you in my prayers.

Our Family

Oh my gosh! That is just awful. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're home. Get lots of rest. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Melissa Bair

I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that!!! and I'm also glad that it wasn't worse!!! Do you remember marie Buchmuller!?! She found out that she had lupus right after her little guy was born. I think that he just turned one... She is so strong willed and is doing awesome! I am glad that you are home with your family! I think that I would go crazy if I were you!

Hoenes Family

Oh my goodness! That is terrifying! I am so glad that you are home and doing okay. I prayed for you while you were in the hospital. I am glad that you had so much help with Gracie and such a supportive husband.

Hoenes Family

P.S. I meant to say, I prayed for you in the hospital and will continue to do so!

Ashlie Dalton

I am so sorry! I prayed hard for you :)
I know from much experience how awful, and how scary it is to be in the hospital. There's honestly nothing worse in my opinion. It is so scary and depressing and all you want to do is go home... especially when you have a baby that can't be with you when you're there.
I'm glad you are ok now and I hope you don't get it again. But, at least you don't have any of those scary diseases! That is WONDERFUL news at least.

Keep us all updated.

Shannon

You scared the heck out of us! We prayed and prayed for you and I am so glad that you are home with your honey and sweet baby girl! When you get feeling better- we want to get together!

Kaycee

poor Amanda! I feel so bad for you! that is aweful. I hope you never go through that again! I am glad you are finally home! I hope life can get back to normal for you real soon. IF you need anything, please tell me, I am serious!

Jenn

Geez girlie! That is so crazy and scary! I hope you're feeling better and I'm glad you're okay! What a relief to be home with your hubbie and baby again! That would be the worst thing in the world, having to be away from your sweet girl!

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey

Whoa. I'm glad you're ok!

The Barneys

I'm so glad that your back. I hope that your feeling better. I'm praying you don't have to go through it again.

Kaylynn

How scary! I'm so glad you are doing better!

The Prescott's

I am so happy you're home now and doing better! That is a relief. :)

The Daleys

Wow, I'm so glad that you are home now and doing better!!

NJ

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you are ok! I am thinking about you! Take it easy and let me know if you need anything.

Kayleen

I'm so glad that you are home and well!

Nat

Oh my word, I'm so sorry! We are praying for you. Way to hang in there. Good luck. We're so glad you're back home! We love you!

Megan Gery

Oh my gosh! I hope it doesn't come back. I'm glad you're okay!

Matt and Jeni and kids

I wish so bad I could have helped you and not been home sick! It was killing me not to be able to take Gracie or see you at the hospital, so I am so glad to hear you were well taken care of by my sweet brother and others! Love you gal! Glad your home!

Kalli and Derek

That sure was a scary week, I'm so sorry I couldn't come see you or help you, I felt horrible! Sick kids really hold you back. I really hope you don't have to go through that again. Love you!

It's Me...shell

Oh my gosh! So scary! I'm glad everything is under control now, I hope it stays that way.

Anonymous

amanda! oh my heck! i had no idea! i'm so glad you're okay now. i hope everything goes well from here on out!