***





Thursday, July 12, 2012

There's a Wocket in my Pocket!

I put a lot of pressure on myself to be a good mom so after a lot of thought of how I can be more of a productive mommy-Gracie LOVES, CRAVES and DEMANDS my attention-I thought I'd do a story time daily (or as many days each week as I can). My story time consists of a book and a corresponding craft. I love coming up with craft ideas- the more I craft the happier I am!! So today, the book I chose was There's a Wocket in my Pocket by Dr. Seuss
It's a really fun book. It talks about what this kid has all over his house. These lines inspired the craft:It was a last minute thought- we made a house out of cardboard. Gracie picked out the colors of paint she wanted to use then she painted the house (with some help) and I glued it together.

Gracie thought it would be great to use this house as her ponies' house. So she decorated it with her My Little Pony stickers.



A simple craft but it was a fun morning and Gracie had a great time (so did I!)

2 Marks. Feel free to leave yours.:

Anonymous

So much fun for both of you. Way to go, Mom. Times like that are priceless.

Kaycee

That is a great idea! What a fun mom!