***





Monday, May 20, 2013

An official announcement

Most already know we've been chosen to adopt again. The baby BOY is due the end of June. (3 weeks!)

It was conference weekend. I saw this quote and so I took the challenge.

This is what my aching heart wrote, something to the effect of (I wish I had exact but G deleted it): When will we get our baby? Soooooo--
 Saturday night during my girls night with my sister and mom and Blake was at the Priesthood session with his dad. Blake got a phone call from a woman he taught on his mission. I assume since he rarely hears from her he thought he'd better take the call. It's a good thing he did. She told him the man she is dating has a daughter who had JUST decided to place her baby for adoption and so she told the young woman about Blake and me. We became friends on Facebook that evening. And I must admit- until I met her in person, a month later, I was so nervous to post anything on Facebook because I knew someone who might pick us to adopt her child could see what I wrote! I wanted everything to be perfect. A few weeks later, on April 23rd, I had just ridden a bus with Gracie to ID because my mom's uncle had died that day. As soon as I sat down at my grandma's house Blake called me and told me the young woman in Oregon had chosen us. I, of course, was elated! :) I told Gracie she was going to have a baby brother- she said she wanted a sister. But we went to the store the next day and she picked out a blanket for him and I think she's been happy about the fact that the baby is a boy. I told her next time it might be a girl :P She really wants a sister named Layla.

The first weekend in May, the 3rd through the 6th we traveled to and from Oregon. We met the sweet girl on Sunday the 5th. I was incredibly nervous  just before I met her. As soon as she sat down next to me and heard her voice I felt calm. It was a lot of driving but the couple of hours we had with her was worth it!
Now she has moved to Las Vegas.

The baby is 1/2 Hispanic. I have to say, it's HARD picking out boy names. But we did.

So there it is, officially. Yes I believe I got an answer to my question. When will we get our baby? June! I just love the birth moms in our lives. They make our dreams come true.